Thursday, November 1, 2012

Week 29: A Slight Interruption

Day:  202          Verses Memorized:  450          Working On:  John 10:1-21

The John Squad
Please click here to chart your own progress - even though I'm the only one still doing this

My Progress:
I managed to memorize another few verses this week.  I had a few good runs on the treadmill earlier in the week and made some decent progress.  However, hurricane Sandy hit us pretty hard and we have been without power (heat, water, lights) for the entire week.  This is a measly excuse; I surely could have studied more than I did.  I'm going to get back on track this week whether we have power or not.

Some Thoughts:
I'm really enjoying memorizing Chapter 10.  At least so far, it's fairly easy to memorize and I love the metaphor of Jesus being the Good Shepherd.

This week, more of my thoughts were focused on God's amazing power.  During the hurricane, we saw things unlike anything we had ever seen in our lives.  As the wind was roaring through the yard and we were watching the trees topple over like dominoes, I couldn't stop thinking about Jesus in the boat.  Even the wind and the waves obey Him.  I can't imagine being there that day when He calmed the storm instantly.  Either way, whether Jesus is asleep in the hold or awake on deck, I am just so thankful that He's on my boat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment