Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week 28: Baaaa

Day:  195          Verses Memorized:  442          Working On:  John 10:1-21

The John Squad
Please click here to chart your own progress - even though I'm the only one still doing this


My Progress:
My review week did not go well.  Sometimes I spend a week reviewing and I'm committed and diligent in spending serious time looking over previous chapters.  Other times (like this time), review just means I don't have the pressure of moving forward so in my laziness, it translates to "taking a break".  One day I spent almost 2 hours reciting all 9 chapters.  Then I did nothing for 3 days.  After that, I got disgusted with my lack of motivation and decided I had to move on to Chapter 10.  So I just went ahead and memorized the first 5 verses.  At least I can say I accomplished something this week.  On a more positive note, I am enjoying Chapter 10 and look forward to learning more.

Some Thoughts:
I'm only five verses in, so I'm not totally blown away yet, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that this chapter is very rich indeed.  I can see already the depth of Jesus' words and that one could probably spend years studying this chapter alone.

Addtional Thoughts:
I am no longer allowed to listen to the Bible CD while I am operating a motor vehicle.
Let's just leave it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment