Tuesday, April 17, 2012

An Overwhelming Response

It's a revolution!

I'm amazed at how many have come forward and made the commitment to join me in this endeavor.  To be quite honest, I thought I would be doing this on my own.  (Well, along with my husband, but we're one flesh so he doesn't even count, does he?) 

Since I had a small discussion at church and shared my thoughts regarding this experience, I have had an overwhelming amount of people volunteer to come alongside me and attempt this great and rewarding task.  (12 officially and several more considering it.)

I set out to simply obey.  I had a sense that I should invite others but didn't have any serious hopes that people would even consider doing such an outrageous thing.  I have had many tell me that they've been inspired.  I am truly humbled - I didn't expect to be so inspired myself by the outpouring of support and encouragement from my brothers and sisters.

Kevin (my husband) and I were talking yesterday and we were imagining what great things God could do if there were enough people deeply immersed in His word.  Imagine the positive changes that could take place within a church if enough of its body was diligently sowing God's word into their hearts. 

A very sincere "Thank you" to all those who have agreed to join me.  I pray for your success in this endeavor and am happy to have you along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment