Tuesday, April 3, 2012

An Invitation to My Brothers and Sisters

"OK, Thanks, I'll pray about that and get back to you." 

How many of us have heard that when we asked someone to serve in a ministry?  How many of us have used that as a response?  It's a polite, "Christian-sounding" answer as it tells the listener, "I am going to speak to the Lord about this to make sure I'm in His will before I commit to anything."  Now I am sure that there are some instances where that is genuinely the case.  I am not here to judge anyone's true intentions or heart, but in the other cases, do I dare say - this is a wimpy excuse! 
 
Well I am here to invite my brothers and sisters to join me in this quest.  Nay, I am here to challenge my brothers and sisters to join me in this quest!  Let's do something hard for crying out loud!  How long are we going to sit around and claim to be Christians without showing a true commitment to put the word of God into our hearts? 

No more "I'll pray about that and get back to you" on this one!  Because I've got news for you...  The Lord has already made His answer clear.  He wants you to learn His Word!  Period!  There is no need to pray and seek the Lord's will on this one. His commandments are clear. We are to learn His word. We are to deposit it permanently into our hearts. Forever.
    
“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.”  Psalm 1:1-2
 
 
“How can a young man keep his way pure?  By living according to your word.  I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”  Psalm 119:9-11

“Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:8-9


God is so sweet. I especially like those last verses from Joshua. After telling us to meditate on His word day and night and to obey it - he immediately tells us not to be terrified! How can I tell God that memorizing His word is too hard or that I'm afraid to make this kind of commitment? He is clearly telling me to be strong and courageous and that He is with me wherever I go. That's all I need. How about you?


Join me!
  I am going to begin memorizing on April 15, 2012.
     

8 comments:

  1. This is exciting! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I've never done anything like this before and I'm a little scared. I really appreciate your support. Your blog was a great encouragement to me.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration Heidi! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't thank me! Jesus is the true inspiration. I'm grateful to have so many on board with me! I can't wait to see what's in store for us...

      Delete
  3. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." John1: 1-2 I find that the more I write or type it the better it sticks in my head! ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to memorizing God's word! No more excuses!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're awesome! Nice to have you on board!!

    ReplyDelete