Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week 38: I Have Overcome the World!

Day:  265          Verses Memorized:  714          Working On:  Chapter 17
The John Squad
Please click here to chart your own progress - even though I'm the only one still doing this

My Progress:
Chapter 16 is finished.  I was happy when I finished it in only 4 days because it allowed me to get a headstart on Chapter 17.  Unfortunately, however, 17 has proved to be extremely difficult and I doubt I will be able to finish it by next week.  It is Jesus' prayer for Himself, His disciples, and the world.  I am having a terrible time trying to get the wording right.  So I figure if I take two weeks for each chapter from 17-21, that will be 10 weeks, which will have me "finishing" John by the end of March.  Then I can take the last 4 weeks to review, review, review.  Hopefully I will be able to have the book of John well memorized by April, which will be exactly one year from when I started.  (If only Chapter 17 wasn't so darn hard...)
Some Thoughts:
I haven't had a verse bring me to tears in a while, so it caught me by surprise at the end of Chapter 16 when I was once again overcome by Jesus' sweet words.  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble, but take heart!  I have overcome the world."  I only had to read that verse once and it was memorized.  It was seered into my heart and came more and more alive as I continued to think about it.  It was an amazing feeling of Jesus' presence, His comfort, His peace, His strength, and His love.  Who am I to be blessed with such a tangible message from my Lord?


 


1 comment:

  1. I had such a hard time with chapter 17 and still do at times. I had to do all the other chapters first and come back and finish 17. I'll be praying for you! Pray for me too!

    If you run into any tips memorizing this chapter let me know, God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete