Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week 34: Now is the Time

Day:  237          Verses Memorized:  585          Working On:  Review

The John Squad
Please click here to chart your own progress - even though I'm the only one still doing this

My Progress:
I loved Chapter 12.  I am excited that memorizing is coming much easier and am hoping that I'll be able to keep up my pace.  I'll spend a couple days reviewing previous chapters and will start Chapter 13 by the end of the week.
Some Thoughts:
"Now is the time for judgment on this world.  Now the prince of this world will be driven out."  Such bittersweet words.  As the hymn goes, "did e'er such love and sorrow meet or thorns compose so rich a crown."  Time for judgment.  And every ounce of God's wrath would be poured out on his perfect, sinless Son.  He would receive all of it.  God's wrath would be exhausted.  How awful, terrible, sad, and unfair for our Savior!  How wonderful, awesome, amazing, and glorious for us!

I am so thankful that I have been chosen to walk in the light.  Why I sometimes desire to take a stroll in the darkness is beyond me.  How I can take this phenomenal sacrifice for granted and despise God with my sin sickens me. 

"Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him."  I have been attending a Bible Study and we are learning about God's Holiness.  We studied this very passage in Isaiah 6 where Isaiah saw God in His holiness and was overwhelmed.  His response was, "Woe is me, for I am a man of unclean lips."  "Woe is me" literally means, "I am undone" or "disintegrated."  We are so unworthy to even be in the presence of such a holy God.  Can you imagine?  When we even catch a glimpse of His perfection, we immediately realize our own imperfection and basically, we're put in our place.  Who do I think I am, anyway! 

I'm really beginning to see Jesus' submission to the Father as I've memorized this chapter.  What a perfect example of what my own attitude should be.

Onto Chapter 13...
I'm thankful to be on this journey but I am also afraid of what lies ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment