Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week 18: Moving Right Along

Day:  125          Verses Memorized:  308          Working On:  Chapter 7:25-41

The John Squad
(Please click here to chart your own progress!)
My Progress:
Sometimes memorizing comes really easy and thankfully, this was one of those weeks.  I'm usually pretty good at the beginning of the chapters.  It seems that each chapter begins with a story and ends with philosophy.  I'm good at the story parts!  I'm happy that I've broken the 300 verse mark.  I suppose it could be disheartening to think that there are 879 total verses so I still have over 500 to go.  But for now, I'm rejoicing in my accomplishment.

Some Thoughts:
The first part of this chapter is a conversation between Jesus and his brothers.  It was interesting right from the beginning because I never paid much attention to his earthly brothers before.  However, I found it unfortunate that their comments only showed their unbelief, just like everyone else. 

I think it's funny how Jesus says He's not going to the Feast, but then goes anyway in secret.  He must have been quite the mysterious fellow.  (So I guess next time I have to lie so I don't ruin someone's surprise party, I won't have to feel quite as guilty.)

Onward!!



         

No comments:

Post a Comment