Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week 14: A Fleet of Boats

Day:  96          Verses Memorized:  228          Working On:  John 6:16-24

The John Squad
(Please click here to chart your own progress!)

My Progress:
Well I sure am glad that I was gung-ho in the beginning and got some verses in the bank because I'm thankful I have the wiggle-room now.  I thought that during the summer I would have more time to spend memorizing, but it seems the days are too unstructured and there are so many fun things going on.  My husband is home for the summer and we really treasure our family time together.  By the time things settle down in the evening, I'm just wiped out.  These are not excuses.  These are just reasons why I'm not learning as much now.  I'm feeling a little disappointed and guilty about it.  But as far as the big picture goes, right now I'm about 3 months ahead of schedule.  I never thought I'd be able to learn 228 verses in less than 100 days, so I guess I should celebrate that.  However, the negative thoughts in my mind are continuing to increase...

Some Thoughts:
Dagnabbit there sure are a lot of boats in this passage!  Every other word is "boat".  Come on, John, find a synonym or use a pronoun for crying out loud! 

Since right now, all they're doing is rowing back and forth across the Sea of Galilee in boats, I don't have that many thoughts.  However, I do wonder why John is including all these details.